This site will close soon, probably at the end of this months billing cycle, in around 3 weeks.
- Constant hacking attempts, as many as 200 per day. They’re coming from all over the world, so a script kiddie trying to get access by using incorrect usernames. I have a firewall in place that bans them after one failed attempt, this is fast becoming a very large part of the database and .htaccess file.
- The site at certain times of the day can take an age to load. This is unnaceptable and throwing money at the problem won’t help.
- I’ve contacted several retailers and manufacturers to see if they’ll loan me a bike for a few days so I can expand the reviews to cover other models… none have called me or emailed me back.
- I can’t be arsed updating with new posts. There’s also little to cover if I can’t get hold of loan bikes to test and review.
- I might one day setup the site on my local network on a raspberry pi, and yes believe it or not, it would be faster than the current host.
- I’m also considering selling my bike. I am a carer for my uncle who is mentally handicapped, I get 3 days a week when I have a respite carer come in and look after him for a few hours. So of course riding is dependent on the weather and if I have other errands to run in my spare time. As things are. I don’t want to get soaked, cold and miserable during this time.