Noob DJ Daz

Discuss any topic that doesn't fit into any category above.
Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:00 pm

My first ever mix set. Some of it is poor, some excellent. I think my main problem is I don't get out of the previous song fast enough. Some of the choices are excellent, some not so much.

I took a beginner course at https://wearecrossfader.co.uk and I've learnt a hell of a lot already, but there's work to do :)

And yes, I know some of it is shockingly bad mixing or bad choices from one into another track.
01 REC-2019-11-26.mp3
(82.38 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
This is better, the first 4 tracks that work, and it only gets worse after these.
1st 4 tracks.mp3
(19.95 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.

Tags:
Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:12 am

Crossfader Tutorials
Beginner RekordBox - What you will learn:
1. Beatmatch by ear. Like the old school DJ's used vinyl. You'll learn how to correct BPM even if the BPM is analysed incorrectly. You'll still be able to mix songs correctly, and by ear, without looking at the screen. Probably the most valuable skill a DJ has.
2. Beats bars and phrases. You'll learn how tracks are composed in 4/4 time. How where and when to mix one song into another.
3. Transitions using EQ's. Correcting BPM and beats bars and phrases are only part of a mix, now you'll learn how to correctly use EQ's to make a really smooth transition from one track to another.
4. Putting it all together. Now you'll do all of the above and make you first set, and do it right.

Crossfader are based on Whitehall Road in Leeds (UK)
https://wearecrossfader.co.uk
I can't recommend them enough, I've only taken on the Rekordbox beginner tutorial, and already my knowledge has grown, I never thought I could beatmatch by ear, now I can beatmatch anything! 80BPM into 120BPM. Sure it sounds horrible, but the beats ARE in time. YES I can mix 80bpm rock to 120 bpm dance. When the BPM was analysed incorrectly, in the past I couldn't use that track, now I can and with confidence.

You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am

Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:05 pm

I've finally finished my new setup. 2 desks, my DDJ 400 and some LED's.

Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:38 pm

mix # 5 a couple of mistakes, including some bad choices.

Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:56 pm

Of all the bloody stupid things to do... I pressed cue on the playing track.

Daz-The Bionic Cyclist
Site Admin
Loading…

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm

Latest mix - Funky house, and it went very well! I'm definitely improving now.
God is a DJ - Funky House of Awesome.mp3
(99.55 MiB) Downloaded 2 times